Latest News on Coronavirus and School Closure
Please click here for updates whilst the school remains partially open.
Year7,8 & 9 parents - Trinity would like to invite your child into school before the end of term for a face-face session with their tutor, to help us plan for these sessions please see the full letter and link to a questionnaire.
Trinity has provision for vulnerable children and children of key workers at Trinity School from 8.30-3.30. It is also open more widely to Year 10 and Year 12 students for some timetabled provision.
Trinity is open for students in Year 10 and Year 12. This provision is being reviewed every three weeks. If your child is in Year 10 or Year 12 and is not coming into school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org do not just send your child into school.
Trinity continues to run provision for vulnerable children and children of key workers in all year groups from 8.30-3.30.
- Students will access the school through main reception. If you transport your child to school please drop and collect them from Trinity reception. As numbers have increased there is now no need for parents to check them in and come into the reception this allows us to limit the numbers of people coming on to the school site.
- Hand washing remains the first line of defence, hand sanitiser is provided but we expect ALL students and staff to wash their hands on arrival and departure and before and after every break.
- Students will be allocated to a room with two members of staff, they will be told which room on their arrival in reception. They will remain in this room which will have no more than 15 students – creating a bubble. They should not go into any other room.
- Students should wear uniform in preparation for a wider return to school.
- Students should bring in the relevant school books for the subjects they are working on, pens, pencils and any other stationery they need.
- Students will continue to complete their home learning on Firefly, however, there will be work for them to access on paper if they have finished all their Firefly tasks.
- There will be timetabled breaks in the day for breaktime and lunchtime, these will be staggered so that the students do not mix with other bubbles. Your child should bring with them:
-a packed lunch, drinks and snacks there are no catering facilities open on site and there will not be the facility to leave site to go and buy food.
-As the weather gets warmer it may also be a good idea to provide suncream for them to put on and a hat as we do go outdoors for breaks.
-If your child has medication e.g. inhaler or an EpiPen indicate this in your email and let teh member of staff know and ensure they always bring this with them.
If you would like your child to access this provision please contact us on:
You should use this email to inform us of the days you need to access the provision and if your child will not be attending due to illness. Please ensure you include:
Your child’s name
Reason for absence so we can track their attendance if they are self-isolating.
Please remember the guidance if your child falls into one of the groups below:
- Children who have been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable due to pre-existing medical conditions have been advised to shield. These children will not be expected to attend school.
- For children identified as clinically vulnerable, parents and carers should seek medical advice before returning their child to school.
- A child who lives with someone who is clinically vulnerable (but not clinically extremely vulnerable) can attend school. If a child lives with someone who is extremely clinically vulnerable it is advised that they only attend school if stringent social distancing instructions can be adhered to. This may not be possible for primary aged children.
Further government guidance for parents and carers can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/closure-of-educational-settings-information-for-parents-and-carers/reopening-schools-and-other-educational-settings-from-1-june
Children eligible for Free School Meals
Trinity is currently using the Government Edenred Scheme for vouchers. If you are eligible or become eligible for free school meals during this time please contact Mrs Thomas email@example.com please include your child’s name, tutor group/class and school.
For Help, Advice and Support please click HERE