Careers Lead: Miss R Crossley
Link Governor: Mr F Hayton
Trinity School Careers Plan 2020
Trinity School is committed to providing a planned programme of careers education, information and guidance to meet the needs for all students in Years 7-13. It is differentiated to ensure progression through activities that are appropriate to students’ stages of learning, planning and development.
All staff at Trinity School play an active role in delivering the careers programme and preparing students for the future. The careers education programme is delivered through a variety of activities including PSHE days, tutor sessions, guest speakers, assemblies, schemes of work and trips. All students are entitled to impartial and confidential careers advice and guidance.
The aim of the careers programme is to prepare students for their future destination and the world of work.
Our aim is to help the students achieve the following;
- High aspirations and expectations for the future.
- Gain a greater knowledge of the opportunities available and an understanding of how the world of work is changing and the skills needed to be successful in the future.
- Take part in work related activities both in and out of school.
- Meet with external and impartial business people to help investigate different jobs and careers pathways.- Identify skills and strengths needed to achieve in certain professions.
- Develop the skills to access and manage careers and labour market information and advice from a range of face-to-face and online sources
- Be able to make career enhancing plans, decisions and transitions at the appropriate time.
- Develop their work related skills to improve their employability and understand how to prepare for the world of work.
All students are able to meet with the Head of Careers at any time for individual appointments, with no restrictions on how many appointments students can have throughout their time at school. We also welcome parents to contact us for any advice and guidance required. Drop in careers appointments are also available on the Year 8 option evening and the 6th form open evening.
Our careers plan is constantly developing to adapt to Government recommendations and we use the Gatsby Benchmarks to regularly evaluate our provision to ensure we are meeting the needs of our students.
See attachment below for full details of careers activities for individual year groups and details of the Gatsby benchmarks.