School uniform identifies students as members of our school; it is an important part of preparation for the workplace. Students and parents are regularly consulted on uniform to ensure it meets the needs of students as well as representing the school effectively. As such, it should be worn with dignity and pride.
Uniform - Years 7-11
- Plain black school jumper with Trinity Logo and House colour.
- Boys: black trousers no denim, cord, combat or linen style with only a dark, discrete belt
- Girls: Black Trinity Skirt product name ‘Thornton’ or Black Trinity trousers product name ‘Greenwich’; available from Trutex Schoolwear
- Plain white school shirt with a collar, worn with the top button done up and a school tie.
- Shirts should be tucked in at all times.
- Plain white open necked revere blouse worn without a tie for girls.
- Black ‘school’ shoes. No trainers. No extremes of heel height, canvas shoes, open toed shoes, sandals, boots or flip flops.
- Plain black ankle socks. Plain black or flesh colour tights, no patterns.
- Under-layer shirts must be plain white only.
- Sensible outdoor coat, all one dark colour; black, navy, brown or dark grey, not leather, leather look or denim. No hooded tops or training/sports tops/tracksuit tops to be worn as outside coats. No excessive logos.
Hair, Make up, Jewellery & Electronic Device
- Only minimal levels of make-up will be tolerated. No extremes of hairstyle will be accepted including extremely short cuts or any patterns cut into the hair. Hair should not be brightly coloured or dyed to extremes.
- The only jewellery which may be worn is limited to one simple small stud in each earlobe (i.e. no stretches, hoops, etc.) and a watch. No other facial piercings, including tongue piercings or tattoos are allowed.
- No coloured nail varnish and/or nail extensions to be worn.
- School bags should be durable and an appropriate size for books, large A4 folders, sports kit and other equipment.
- Mobile phones should not be seen or heard and are carried on to school site at the owners’ risk. All devices must be switched off and placed in bags if bought on to school site and will be confiscated if seen.
PE / Dance Kit
- Dance: option to wear plain black leggings, plain black tracksuit bottoms, Trinity logo leggings.
- Reversible rugby shirt, house colours with printed school logo
- PE house shirt with printed logo
- Plain black shorts with printed school logo
- Trinity logo socks (for games lessons) and white socks (for indoor lessons.)
- Optional: Skort for girls
- Boots for football and rugby
- Gum Shield - essential for rugby
- Shin Pads - compulsory for football and rugby
- Sports trainers fit for purpose - no canvas/plimsolls permitted
- Named towel.
*The PE kit is only available through Trutex Schoolwear
Sixth Form Form Dress Code
- Our sixth form students wear business dress suitable for an office environment
- No hooded tops, trainers, denim or combat style trousers
- Boys - shirt, tie, smart trousers, smart shoes, smart jumper - no excessive logos
- Ear stud piercing only
- Girls - smart trousers/skirt, smart shoes, appropriate top of choice - not low cut or revealing, smart jumper - no excessive logos
- Small earrings - no other types of piercings; appropriate make-up
- Uniform for specific subjects, such as PE, PA, CACHE and Catering can be worn for those lessons only
School uniform can be purchased from the Trutex School Wear shop in Newbury.
The Kennet Centre
Telephone: 01635 38285